Cambie DAG (Dry After Grad)
For Grade 12 students, high school graduation parties are an important rite of passage and jumping off point into adulthood. The convocation, the banquet, and the dance are the social events that define where high school ends and “the rest of life” begins. It is a time to celebrate, a time to say goodbye to childhood, and a time to look to the future.
What is it?
Immediately after the formal Grad Dinner Dance (Prom), graduates continue their celebrations by attending a dry after grad party. A Dry Grad is an all-night supervised party for graduating students with absolutely no alcohol or drugs allowed. This event aims to reduce the risk of alcohol-related harm to the students on a night when that risk is unusually high. Celebrants are not allowed to leave and return once they have entered the venue where the party is being held. The Dry Grad party typically ends at 5:00AM the following morning.
We will be hosting this event at Cambie Secondary School on June 28, 2023 with a live DJ, photo booth, fun activities, prizes, great food and more!
Ticket prices will be determined based on how much can be fundraised. Once the price is determined, tickets will sold through School Cash Online.
How can you help?
Volunteer – Dry Grads require the energy and devotion of a core group of parent volunteers who do the overall planning and organizing the Dry Grad party. For the event itself, many volunteers are required to supervise partygoers, run and organize activities, and serve food.
Donate prizes – to make Dry Grad even more exciting, we will be giving away prizes such as gift cards, earphones, video games or consoles, gift certificates, spa gift cards, watches, calculators, organizers, iPads, or any other prizes you would like to donate would be greatly appreciated!
Make a Monetary Donation
Online – visit sd38.bc.ca
- Click on Donate (scroll down, under Our District)
- Click on Make a Donation (under Donate Online)
- Enter/select your donation amount
- Select ‘Cambie Secondary’ under Fund Destination
- Enter ‘Dry Grad 2023’ in the Message to School Board box
- A tax receipt will be emailed upon checkout
- If you do not require a tax receipt, please make cheques payable to ‘Cambie PAC’
- If you would like a tax receipt and your donation is $20 or more, please make cheques payable to ‘School District #38’ and fill out the General Donation Form
We appreciate your participation and support!