Report Cards will be available on November 23rd. The information in this message describes how you be able to access Report Cards after they are published.
At Cambie, we believe that strong communication between school and home is one of the foundations of a high-quality education. For this reason, we use two digital tools to help you receive timely information about your child’s progress at school: the MyEducationBC Family Portal and Student ePortfolios. The information below provides a basic outline about these two websites in terms of what they contain and how to access them. This information is being provided in preparation for the publication of Report Cards on November 23rd.
MyEducationBC Family Portal
The MyEducationBC Family Portal allows parents and students to securely access school records such as report cards, schedules, transcript records, and attendance data. Cambie’s report cards are published exclusively through the MyEducationBC Family Portal.
All parents with an email address on file at Cambie will have access to this site. Parents who do not currently have an account should receive login instructions by email in the next few days. Parents who had access to this site last year will continue to be able to log in with the same username as last year.
We encourage all parents to activate their new account or attempt to log in with their existing account prior to report cards being published to the Family Portal on November 23rd. Should you have any difficulty logging in, we ask that you fill out our support form linked below. Our office staff reviews these requests weekly and will communicate with you directly to help resolve any issues. Please note that if you have previously sent a request that has not been resolved, we ask that you submit a new request.
- Term 1 Report Cards will be published to the Family Portal on November 23rd (Please note that some report card information may be visible prior to publishing report cards as a part of our internal review process. Report card information should not considered accurate or final until you see the published PDF report card on November 23rd.)
- It is important to save/print a copy of your child’s report card as they will be removed from the Family Portal prior to the next report card being published in January
- MyEducationBC emails always come from email@example.com
- Login page: https://www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen
- Family Portal Instructions: https://bit.ly/2Oswpj7
- Support form: http://bit.ly/2DtESwe
A number of Cambie teachers are participating in a pilot project where student progress is communicated through ePortfolios instead of report cards. Parents of students in this pilot project will receive an invite to view their child’s ePortfolio prior to November 23rd.
When you receive the email invite, please click on the blue button to activate your account. The first time you log in, you will be required to provide your child’s 6- or 7-digit student number as part of the verification process. We strongly recommend selecting the option to stay logged in—this will allow you to return to your child’s ePortfolio as needed from the same device. Once you log in, you will be able to browse the contents of your child's ePortfolio. We strongly encourage you to add comments to the posts and use the ePortfolio as a starting point for discussion with your child.
- Term 1 progress information for classes in the pilot project will be published to ePortfolios by November 23rd
- ePortfolio emails always come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login page: https://portal.sd38.bc.ca/parents
- ePortfolio Instructions for Parents: http://bit.ly/33zhrfM
It is our hope that these digital tools will allow us to provide you with rich and timely information regarding your child’s learning. Should you have any questions about these tools or anything else regarding your child’s school experience, please do not hesitate to contact the school office at 604-668-6430.