Hey Cambie! It’s mental illness awareness week and here is your announcement. Now that we’ve identified some potential triggers of anxiety, it is important to learn how to manage. By effectively managing anxiety, it can help us become healthier, happier, and more productive. Here are several coping options from Foundry BC to try:
- Take care of yourself by eating healthy, getting sleep and giving yourself a break.
- Exercise regularly such as participating in activities you enjoy such as walking or dancing
- Write your thoughts and feelings in a journal. Consider recording what is making you anxious.
- Spend quality time with family and friends. Having strong social ties can help you get through anxious times.
- Listen to music
- Meditate and deep breathing can help relax the mind and body
Practice positive self-talk by saying things like “You can do this,” or “You’ve got this,” to yourself when you feel anxiety rising
For more information on how you can cope with anxiety, visit camimh.ca/ or see Ms. Wilding and Ms. Koo in the counselling centre.
Attention all Grade 12 students! Grad Council is hosting the very first graduation trip of the year to HALLOWED EVES at the PNE on Saturday October 30th. We have extended the deadline to purchase your ticket to THIS FRIDAY, October 15th. Tickets are $40, and can be purchased TOMORROW AT LUNCH in the Rotunda. For more details about the event please reach out to any Grad Council member, or DM us on Instagram @cambiegrad2022. Thanks for listening Grads, we hope to see you all there!