Each year HJ Cambie Secondary awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to deserving graduating students. In order to be considered for school-based and district scholarships, students must complete this online application by Thursday, April 18th, 2019 at 3:00pm. Our School Scholarship Committee will make the award selections and all scholarships will be presented at the Valedictory ceremony on Friday, June 14th, 2019 at the UBC Chan Centre.
These awards are donated from the school, the community, and the district. Students with a C+ average or better are encouraged to apply. The criteria for each scholarship or bursary is unique. Some of the areas of consideration in the selection process include:
• Academic Achievement
• Service or participation in school events
• Service or participation in community events
• Individual Character
• Commitment to Learning
• Volunteer Involvement
• Athletics Involvement
• Fine Arts Involvement
• Intent to study at a post-secondary institution
• A specific field of post-secondary study (ex. Trades, Sciences, Arts etc.)
• Gender (ex. Canadian Federation of University Women Scholarship)
• Financial Need
• Family Affiliation (ex. BCTF affiliation for the Richmond Teacher’s Association Scholarship)
• Elementary School Alumni (ex. McNeely alumni for the Mike Mills Scholarship)
Other public and private organizations also offer scholarships. Please check the scholarship white board in the rotunda and the Career Center Website for other possible scholarship application information. Ms. Millar, our Career Counsellor, is a great resource if you need assistance with external scholarship applications.
Please see Mr. Nik Nashlund if you have any questions about the online scholarship application process.