We are inviting K-12 Students to submit images for the new vision Statement, "The Richmond School District is the Best Place to Learn and Lead."
The Visioning Art Contest Poster, with submission criteria and evaluation criteria, is attached. For full Contest details, submission guidelines, and submission process, please visit the School District website or sd38.bc.ca/VisioningArtContest2018 Deadline for online submission of student artwork is May 4th 2018 11:59 PM PST.
Calling All K-12 Students!
YOU are invited to participate in SD#38's Art Contest to show us visually what the newly approved Vision Statement means to you! The New Vision Statement is, "The Richmond School District is the Best Place to Learn and Lead."
• One original 2D artwork
• Artwork must be created by student(s) currently enrolled in the Richmond School District - K to 12
• Artwork size is 11"x17"
• Does not include Date or Year
• Image (JPEG or PDF), contact info, artwork title and artwork description must be uploaded online at SD#38 website or sd38.bc.ca/VisioningArtContest2018
• Deadline for online submission of artwork is May 4th 2018 11:59 PM PST
• Artwork clearly represents the Vision Statement
• Artwork draws the audience in and keeps their attention
Submission Guidelines and Information
• The Richmond School District’s Vision, Mission, and Value Statements are:
Vision: The Richmond School District is the best place to learn and lead.
Mission: The Richmond School District’s mission is to cultivate a safe, accepting and engaging community that inspires a passion for lifelong learning.
Values: The values that will guide our work together to achieve our vision and mission are: collaboration, creativity, curiosity, resilience, respect and equity, for all.
• The submission may be from the following visual art categories: photography, collage, digital art, printmaking, painting, drawing and ink.
• Each student who participates will receive a certificate of appreciation from the Richmond Board of Education.
• All artwork submitted will become the property of the Richmond School District. We may use one submission or parts of several submissions to create the final graphic, which may be professionally enhanced, scanned at high resolution for resizing, produced and distributed in print and electronically throughout the Richmond School District.
• The Policy 100 Visioning Task Force of Stakeholder Reps including students will comprise of the selection panel.
• The Art Contest winner will be announced before the end of June 2018 through a News Release, social media and School District website.
• Due to the anticipated volume of entries, submissions that do not conform to the submission criteria will be disqualified.