Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018
Starting time: 10:00 AM
Location: Burnett Secondary School
Registration deadline: May 18th, 2018 (Please sign up and submit payment in advance)
Cost: $30.00 (includes snacks & post-ride BBQ)
- submit registration funds to Cambie Secondary (c/o Rob Laing)
- CHEQUES Payable to: CAMBIE SECONDARY SCHOOL
- all proceeds go towards scholarships for graduating students in Richmond Schools.
All participants must sign the waiver release form on the next page and submit with the registration.
Richmond School District Scholarship Bike Ride
WAIVER, RELEASE & INDEMNITY
I understand and agree that my participation in the 2018 Richmond School District Scholarship Bike Ride (“the event”) organized, conducted and/or sanctioned by School District 38 (Richmond) is conditional upon my execution of this document.
1. I am aware that cycling, and in particular participation in the 2018 Richmond School District Scholarship Bike Ride involves the possibility of injury or death.
2. I accept these risks, and all others arising from the event, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with School District 38 (Richmond)(“the Releasees”).
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PERSONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH ME, including my physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in the event.
4. I undertake and agree to remove myself from participation if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, at any event or program, I feel unable or unfit to safety continue for any reason.
5. I give a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may have in the future, against School District 38 (Richmond), and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in any part or parts of the event, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph 2 above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the relevant Occupier’s Liability Act, on the part of the Releasees.
6. I AGREE NOT TO SUE and I further agree TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS the Releasees from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from my participation in these events or programs.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving substantial legal rights (on my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin), including the giving up of my right to sue.
I AM 19 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
PRINT YOUR FULL NAME BELOW TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE WAIVER: